Région de Remchi

Retour au forumNouveau sujetInscriptionIdentificationRecharger la première page du forumFaire une rechercheListe des membresInformations & statistiques

Pages:  1

patiently waited for Love to finish answering questions

elvafeng

Voir son profil

Activité : 0.5 / 5
Adorateur
6 messages postés

Posté le : 18/10/2017 à 09:29 (Lu 487 fois)
Répondre

Eight year old Antonio McKinney wanted to eat at Red Lobster.

That was fine with Courtney Love, a senior linebacker at the University of Kentucky, but positive reports had to come in first. Antonio s mom, Autumn Floyd, and his teachers let Love know the third grader had a good week.

So we went to Red Lobster, Love said.

Since May, Love has spent a Sunday or Thursday with Antonio each week, an arrangement established by Amachi Central Kentucky Hamidou Diallo Jersey, a mentoring program that pairs adults with children who have one or both parents in state or federal prison or are affected by incarceration.

Related headlines

►Luke Wright progressing after sideline episode
►Jordan Jones back on depth ahead of MSU game
►UK has to love 5 1, stressful as it continues to be

Those are typically the only days Love, tied for the team lead with 43 tackles this season for the Wildcats, has where football isn t dominating his time and focus. He chooses to spend them with Antonio.

They go to dog parks and restaurants. They ve seen a movie. They hang out at Kentucky s football facility.

Normal things, Love said. Kind of hang out, just like a big brother and little brother.

For Antonio, who, according to his mom, doesn t see his dad and occasionally has behavioral issues, time spent with Love has been beneficial, at home and in the classroom.

If he has problems I ll shoot Courtney a text and say, Antonio had a rough day, Floyd said. They ll talk about it when he picks him up.
Love says most of those talks center on respect – for his mom, for his teachers, for himself. Love got Antonio s attention by telling him he s the man of the house and his mom and sister needed him to be responsible.

He s like a sponge, Love said. He asks me different questions about a lot of things. I make sure I tell him the right answers, and if I can t I ll ask my dad, what should I tell him in this situation?

Love has his father, Cory Love https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/malik-monk-jersey-c-5.html, to lean on, but he understands what it s like to not have that presence. Cory was incarcerated for roughly two years, when Courtney was 10 to 12, and his mom was not in my life, he said. Love s grandmother and dad s girlfriend took care of him, but Love often wanted and needed his father.
In certain ways , kids might be maturing faster because they have their dad, Love said.

Memories of those times and those feelings led Love to his role as a mentor. It s important for adult males to volunteer because there s not many that do, Floyd said.

She had no trouble finding a female mentor match for her daughter, Auriana Campbell, but it took years and multiple programs to find Love for Antonio.

Floyd had never heard of Love, but Antonio s eyes lit up when he heard a Kentucky Wildcats football player was a potential mentor. That led to an initial meeting, where Floyd said she https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/jonny-david-jersey-c-6.html wanted to cry when Love told her his story about his mom and dad. She snaps her fingers to explain how quickly Antonio and Love connected.

Antonio just adores him, Floyd said. He tells everybody at school, you know my mentor is Courtney Love, No. 51, right? Antonio thinks he s a star now.

More UK coverage

►From Drake to recruits Big Blue Madness 2017 recap
►Injuries create questions to answer for UK basketball
►Johnson, Allen among UK midseason award winners

For his effort and intention, Love was named to the 2017 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team. Already a UK grad with a degree in community and leadership development, Love has visited children at hospitals, served as a Skype mentor for high school students and helped with the Special Olympics.

In May, he traveled to Ethiopia, where he built houses and shoe shining boxes, delivered food to families and visited with widows and orphans.

He s a mature young man, Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said. Just have to respect him and the way he goes about his business, the way he lives his life, and we re truly blessed to have him in our program.

Antonio cheered for Love in the Kroger Field stands with his family when Kentucky beat Eastern Michigan in September. And last week, when Allstate surprised Love with his award on the basketball court at Woodhill Park, Antonio was there in his blue T shirt with No. 51 and Love s name on the back.

Love has been there for Antonio, so it was important to Antonio https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/edrice-adebayo-jersey-c-3.html, Auriana and Floyd that they were there for him.

With television cameras and reporters huddled around, Love answered questions with his arm around Antonio, who patiently waited for Love to finish answering questions.

Then a reporter asked Antonio what he thought about Love.

He s awesome.

Pages:  1

Retour au forumNouveau sujetInscriptionIdentificationRecharger la première page du forumFaire une rechercheListe des membresInformations & statistiques

Ajouter une réponse

Vous écrivez en tant que :  Login :   Password :
Titre de votre message :
Corps de votre message :

[citation] [image] [flash]

[gras] [italique] [souligné]
 [barré] [exposant] [indice]
 [grandir] [reduire] [code]

[noir] [blanc] [jaune]
 [rouge] [violet] [bleu] [vert]

Prévisualiser le message

AA1A2A3A4A5A6A7A8A9A10
BB1B2B3B4B5B6B7B8B9B10
CC1C2C3C4C5C6C7C8C9C10
DD1D2D3D4D5D6D7D8D9D10
EE1E2E3E4E5E6E7E8E9E10
FF1F2F3F4F5F6F7F8F9F10

Valider

Obtenez votre forum Aztek sur http://www.forum-aztek.com - location vacances - Location vacances - Locations vacances -
Annonce location vacances - location de vacances - location saisonnière - annonce immobilière - Administration - MyStats
Aztek Forum V4.00 Copyright (C) 2003 - Liens - Page générée en 0.0805 seconde avec 14 requêtes